Virtualization software has enabled organizations to consolidate operating systems and increase productivity for computer hardware, offering significant benefits and cost savings to a rapidly growing list of users. Despite advances in server hardware and storage, data loss is prevalent with any of these types of systems and often more destructive as multiple virtualized systems are affected by the loss of a single physical server or storage device.
Virtualization brings an extra layer of complexity to a host system and when data loss occurs within a virtual machine, it is critical to select a data recovery provider experienced in VMware recovery or other virtualized systems.
Common causes of data loss include:
- File system corruption
- Deleted virtual machines
- Internal virtual disk corruption
- RAID and other storage/server hardware failures
- Deleted or corrupt files contained within virtualized storage systems
VMware data recovery from nearly any virtual machine, server or system; including:
- Virtual infrastructure: VMware Infrastructure 2 and 3, VMware vSphere 4, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Virtual servers: VMware Server, VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Virtual file systems: VMFS, NTFS, FAT, EXT3, MAC, etc.
- Virtual workstations: VMware Workstation (all versions), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure