- Slow access times, slow booting or disk recognition
- Missing or corrupted files; error messages from executables reporting missing files
- Abnormal operating sounds, such as clicking or grinding
- Prompts to format external drives during mounting or use
Data loss can be divided into two sections:
- Logical failure – the hard drive is in physical working order but some files or data cannot be accessed for logical reasons such as a lost partition or accidental reformatting.
- Physical failure – the hard drive is not functioning. The most common causes are head crashes and motor failures, either of which can be caused by a drop, electric shock, manufacturers defect, or age.
What causes hard drive failure?
The list of incidents causing hard drive failures and subsequent data loss includes, but is not limited to, human error, power surges, overwriting, physical damage, natural disasters and viruses.
Hard drive data recovery and file recovery involves more than just replacing parts. Techfusion offers several key capabilities to address data loss. These tools and techniques include:
- Cleanroom Environment: Hard disk recoveries related to electromechanical failure are performed in dust-free cleanroom environments where they are carefully dismounted, examined and processed.
- Drive Imaging: Damaged or failed hard drives are imaged to a working environment, providing the most complete data recovery possible.
- File Reconstruction: Our engineers reconstruct damaged and corrupted files so that they are logically sound and functional.
Hard disk drives that we can recover from:
We can recover data from hard drives from laptops, desktops, and external storage. All formats and operating systems are accepted including Windows, Linux and Mac. We can also service older and less common operating systems, such as DOS, UNIX, Solaris, Sun, Windows 3.x, HPUX, AIX and more.
|IDE and EIDE in 2.5” laptop and 3.5” normal form factors using ATA and Serial ATA interfaces from all manufacturers including: Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, IBM, Hitachi, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Samsung, and all other brands.|
|Hard drives from all computer manufacturers including: Dell, Apple, Gateway, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, IBM, Fujitsu, Lenovo, eMachines, Acer, Asus, and all other brands.|
|External USB and 1394 Firewire hard drives from all manufacturers including: LaCie, Maxtor, Seagate, Western Digital, SimpleTech, Kingston Technologies, Buffalo Technology, Fastora, BusLink, and all other brands.|
|SCSI drives using Normal SE, UW, Differential (WD), LVD, Hot Swappable (SCA) and 2.5″ laptop interfaces from all manufacturers including: CDC, Compaq, Conner, Digital, Epson, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Imprimis, Maxtor, Micropolis, NEC, Quantum, Rodime, Samsung, Seagate, Toshiba, Western Digital.|
|ESDI, RLL and ST/MFM drives from all manufacturers including: Conner, Digital, Fuji, Fujitsu, IBM, JTS, Kalok, Kyocera, LaPine, Maxtor, Micropolis, Microscience, Miniscribe, NEC, Priam, Quantum, Seagate, Tandon, Toshiba, Tulin, Western Digital.|
|MCA drives from IBM, Western Digital and Seagate with IBM ST-506 and ESDI and 2.5″ laptop ESDI interfaces.|
|PCMCIA Type I, II, III hard drives from IBM, Western Digital, Integral Peripherals and Procomm.|
|CF+ Type II IBM Microdrives.|